Honor Guard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your opinion about our organized raids?

+14
Tsiyari
Noxars
LazySwords
Lojan
pothemartial
xJac
Zuagy
Breannenn
Valcier
Rei
ShiroWhite
Feathery
Sev
Whelan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What's your opinion about our organized raids? (Check all that apply)

What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 3 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% [ 7 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 3 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% [ 8 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 9 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% [ 12 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% [ 4 ]
What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%What's your opinion about our organized raids?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 49

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

xJac

xJac

how do you vote? I don't think I have voted but there's no option for me.

Feathery

Feathery
Sr. Moderator

Hmmm.. so it seems that only admins and officers were allowed to vote. I have changed the permissions for the Guildies group. Please let me know if you're still having trouble voting.

I have also added a few more options to the poll, so we can get a better idea of how many people are available when.

Sorry for this inconenience... but for those of you who have already voted, please vote again... as the counter has been reset. Also.. please spread the word on this poll!

Feathery

Feathery
Sr. Moderator

The poll is a good start. However, there are some factors that it does not cover. Some of the things that we should really take into consideration also is...

How many lvl 61+ alts do each person have? If more than one, they can do multiple raids per day.

I know many of you have more than one character you can do raids on. I, for example, have three. That potentially means (if time isn't a factor for me), I could join on 3 guild raid runs of various time slots. However, the time factor is where it gets a little bit complicated for not only me but I think many of us...

Are people's schedule the same every day? Weekdays? Weenkends?

Many of the Honor Guard members are in college, where time of availability can be pretty out of the ordinary. They might be free all morning, and have classes in the afternoon... or.. have all of one day off and be swarmed with classes on the following day.

With this in mind, I'm starting to wonder if we should make a more detailed poll that lists not only times, but days?

Whelan

Whelan

That is why my original intention with this poll/discussion was for people to post the times they are available for raids through out the week. That way we could have an overall understanding of availability to use to create a new schedule for raids, since as I stated a before we can't always expect people to be on the same time everyday.

Another thing to look into though with what your talking about is to make separate times for the weekends, as many people are available at different times.

pothemartial

pothemartial

Finally people come to the revelation of differences between weekday schedules & weekend schedules XD

Anyway night time raids generally works for me as long as it is before 11pm, even thought I do join Lojan's party from time to time. I usually can do raids in the afternoon on weekends, too.

Whelan

Whelan

pothemartial wrote:Finally people come to the revelation of differences between weekday schedules & weekend schedules XD

Anyway night time raids generally works for me as long as it is before 11pm, even thought I do join Lojan's party from time to time. I usually can do raids in the afternoon on weekends, too.

Don't worry I've realized this for a while now. Why else do you think I host raids on weekends at random times in the afternoon

Breannenn

Breannenn

I dont know about others, but as of Late the best time for me is around 10 pm. need to wake early for work so I cant stay on much past midnight.

Tsiyari

Hey everyone.

I personally like the idea of changing raid times. I go on Lojan's 11pm raids the most (especially before classes have started) but have pretty much stopped due to the lateness on top of college.

Throughout the weekdays, my classes start at 8 or 9 am, and if I don't have class at those times, I work starting at 9 am. To keep awake and not too tired, I find that staying up past probably12:30-1 am just for raids to be finished can be detrimental to me trying to stay awake for lecture--since I usually get up at 6:30 or 7:30 am just to get ready for the day. My classes typically end around 3:30-4pm, and I end up staying at the study hall for long periods of time before even stepping into my dorm--usually until like 10 pm or something.

Therefore, for the weekdays, I'd probably join a little more often if the nighttime raid was pushed back. I like Lojan's suggestions for the times, the 8 and 10 pm ones especially. On weekends, I only have two hours of work on both Saturday and Sunday. But again, I spend most of it studying (BU has like zero grade inflation...) and I personally prefer studying all day and then possibly come back for raids at night (but not too late) such as the 8 and 10 pm runs.

On another note, I'll definitely come on for the new bosses to at least check them out.

Until we have Thanksgiving break and winter break (college), I won't be really going on as I used to over the summer--for the sake of adjusting my study habits and times to the load of work my professors give.

Edit: I also like 9 pm. Hope to see you guys soon!

pothemartial

pothemartial

yay 9pm :3

Feathery

Feathery
Sr. Moderator

Thanks for such a detailed post on your raid-availability time Tsiyari! This really gives us a good idea of when you're free during what days of the week.

Tsiyari

Feathery wrote:Thanks for such a detailed post on your raid-availability time Tsiyari! This really gives us a good idea of when you're free during what days of the week.

My pleasure. I really miss/raiding with you guys :(

Lojan

Lojan
Enforcer

I do not see any point in the guild raids times, i allways seeing that 4pm and 7pm raids ony have 3 or 4 guild members for raids and 11pm not even that. there is no point that i wait untill 11pm for u guys do the raids if no one coming to the raids.i think i better pug from tomm on.

thanx

Whelan

Whelan

Lojan wrote:I do not see any point in the guild raids times, i allways seeing that 4pm and 7pm raids ony have 3 or 4 guild members for raids and 11pm not even that. there is no point that i wait untill 11pm for u guys do the raids if no one coming to the raids.i think i better pug from tomm on.

thanx

For you, I'd say just do with an earlier group and see how many people end up complaining about no 11pm raids. then you can ask where they've been since they never join.

As for the other times there definitely needs to be a change in times. But not sure which way they'd need to shift. I get maybe 3-5 people for 7pm raids, 4pm raids get bout same I think, and then by 8-9pm people starting asking about raids.

My best thought right now for weekdays would be to make TWO raid times with one sometime between 4-7pm and the other between 7-11pm, effectively splitting the 7pm party to boost the other two parties. that should increase the number of guild members per party and will keep hosts from wasting their time waiting to start raids that nobody joins.

If we come up with Two raid times that may work for the weekdays this weekend, we can use next week as a test to see how they work. And if the raid parties remain as empty as they are, and we get no feedback from the other members we just scrap the whole scheduled raid setup.

Now for weekends it gets tricky since people have different schedules on weekends. But we should be able to maintain Three raid times on weekends with just adjusting the times. May need a few people to keep an eye on times that have largest amount of ACTIVE(damn AFKers) guild members online that want to do raids.

With as little feedback as we've been getting with this Poll/discussion out side of the raid organizers and the couple members that usually join for raids when they're on, this Ultimatum setup is last chance for members to decide if their gonna participate or deal with PUG runs on their raids.

Lojan

Lojan
Enforcer

i would say we do 6pm and 9.30 pm (Eastern time) on weekdays for 2 raids

Whelan

Whelan

Lojan wrote:i would say we do 6pm and 9.30 pm (Eastern time) on weekdays for 2 raids

i was thinking something like that myself

Tsiyari

Lojan wrote:i would say we do 6pm and 9.30 pm (Eastern time) on weekdays for 2 raids

I approve +best.

Whelan

Whelan

From 17 OCT to 21 OCT Raid times will be as follows:

6:00PM(EST)
9:30PM(EST)

If we are unable to get at least 5 guild members per time period we will be suspending scheduled raids during the weekdays unless people give feedback.

please edit OP with this information (can't do myself do to fae's change on poll)

Shantala

bye

Last edited by Shantala on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

Liaan

Liaan

Trial times suck. I plain refuse to do them as a way of protest.

I liked the times as they were because there was always a guild raid I could hit up for a good run. I could go on to explain about how I often get home late and miss some blah blah, but an example will do fine I think.

Pug'd my runs on Zaeel and Liaan today. I get on at 7 wanting to kill my last glas run of the day on Amiaa because I enjoy spreading them out, no pugs, no guild runs, not even a chance of pants anywhere.

In short, the new times don't work for me, at all.

Whelan

Whelan

Liaan wrote:Trial times suck. I plain refuse to do them as a way of protest.

I liked the times as they were because there was always a guild raid I could hit up for a good run. I could go on to explain about how I often get home late and miss some blah blah, but an example will do fine I think.

Pug'd my runs on Zaeel and Liaan today. I get on at 7 wanting to kill my last glas run of the day on Amiaa because I enjoy spreading them out, no pugs, no guild runs, not even a chance of pants anywhere.

In short, the new times don't work for me, at all.

i don't like the new times much either since if i don't make the 6pm time i only have time for a few of the raids during 9:30pm run. However, with new schedule we are actually filling up the parties with guild members instead of pugs, so new schedule seems to be working well for a majority of members.

maybe if we can get people involved we can add a third time again but for now this will have to do.

Liaan

Liaan

A third time would be greaaaaat.

Lojan

Lojan
Enforcer

After Epi9 came there are more daily raids for us to do. So,We need to set up new raids time. i also think a raids party dont have to be full with powerhouses, they can carry atlest 2 guys that have hard time with the new raids.

Feathery

Feathery
Sr. Moderator

Someone carry my Lann.... he hasn't even attempted Colru. >.> lol

Tsiyari

Lojan wrote:After Epi9 came there are more daily raids for us to do. So,We need to set up new raids time. i also think a raids party dont have to be full with powerhouses, they can carry atlest 2 guys that have hard time with the new raids.

That's still me at the Colru minis :o... and I agree for new times. With these new raids, it takes much longer to get ALL of them done, especially the new ones (though as time passes, it takes shorter time to finish them as we get better).

For me however, I think I'll come on Fridays and weekends due to trying not to fall behind in my classes.

Whelan

Whelan

Lojan wrote:After Epi9 came there are more daily raids for us to do. So,We need to set up new raids time. i also think a raids party dont have to be full with powerhouses, they can carry atlest 2 guys that have hard time with the new raids.

This is true. Biggest issues though being need to get all our top players involved in order to get at least 2 good groups and getting times that work for the previously mentioned players.

on the flip side, though this does maximize success rate of the runs, the downside with this is the exclusion of many other members as we are limited on number of parties we can make. We would have to figure out a rotation to keep it fair for everyone or it will just become a few people great at new raids and many that will range from moderately good to still having major difficulties.

And at the same time we still have people that are unable to unlock colru due to them being unable to join the good teams and lack of pug runs that aren't heavily restricted by class/dmg.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next