Honor Guard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spear Lann Guide to (feel in the blank)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spear Lann Guide to (feel in the blank) Empty Spear Lann Guide to (feel in the blank) Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:36 am

AsianRagingGod

AsianRagingGod

Now I don't usually make guides of anything but I feel like I should make a spear lann guide for people who are new to it or just need some tips and tricks to improve their game. Excuse my shitty english grammar and so on.

Stats

Strength, agility, and willpower are the three primary stats you should try to get as much of as possible. Attack speed is also a consideration but enhancing weapons might be too expensive for some people, but having more than 20 attack speed will create better openings for you to land in damage. When I find the formula for it I'll reedited the post and include em. Crit is not a huge stat to consider as well. You know why? Cause we have fury infusion, but more crit doesn't hurt either.

These numbers I've pulled off of vindictuswiki. Don't exactly know accurate they are but for the most point they are on point of what they try to convey. Number values probably changed so if I find a website with the values. I'll update the post

Str
Every 1 point of Strength increases ATT by exactly 2.7

Agi
Allows your Stamina to regenerate faster.

Every 105 points of Agility reduces time to full stamina regeneration by 0.3 seconds.

Allows you to recover from being knocked down faster.
Lann only: Increases the damage of all Twin Spear Smash attacks except Tail Piercing.

Every 40 points of Agility increases Twin Spear Smash Damage by by 1%.

Lann only: Increases the damage of Gliding Fury and Lightning Fury.

Every 47 points of Agility increases Gliding Fury and Lightning Fury Damage by 1%.

Lann only: Increases the damage of SP: Furious Seven.

Every 38 points of Agility increases Furious Seven Damage by 1%.

Willpower
Willpower increases the Critical rate at the rate of .016% for every 1 Will. (Basically, 1% for every 62.5 Will)
Willpower also increases Critical damage where Critical Damage = Base Damage * [1+ (Critical Skill %) + Will * 0.03/200]

Gear

For the most part you should be using 2 parts swift/3 parts black hammer for maximum str bonus. Swift helm/gloves with the rest Blackhammer should yield 703 str.

For the the earrings the best in my opinion is still the Sarghamiu Nose Ring. It is easy to get and provides a nice balance str/will combo. The Shield Badge gives the highest str at 71 over 63, but the cost and the tradeoff will isn't so appealing unless you are just stacking str.

Ring and belt combos are a bit iffy. It really comes down to what you can afford and mix and match. As I'm to lazy to tell you what's good or not just look at the stats of each ring/belt combo and do the math from there.

Best charm in game is still the warrior's courage emblem

Now for your weapon. I say the best spears in this game currently is the Braid Tassel Spears.

Jagursh's Bloodletters
+6,107 Attack
+65 Balance
+37 Critical
+76 Strength
+23 Agility
+26 Willpower

Braid Tassel Twin Spears
+6,107 Attack
+65 Balance
+39 Critical
+3 Attack Speed
+79 Strength
+25 Agility
+26 Willpower

Chiulin Twin Spears
+6,107 Attack
+65 Balance
+43 Critical
-9 Attack Speed
+79 Strength
+25 Agility
+39 Willpower

I'm probably missing two other spears but I feel these three are the most important. If you are really really poor. Then get Bloodletters. Relatively inexpensive and are solid spears till you get Braid Tassels. Now for Braids is a mixture of everything that is holy to spear lanns. Good crit, attack speed, and decent mixture of other stats that is beneficial to a spear lann. I can not stress enough how important attack speed is if you want to do the highest amount of damage possible. You can cycle through animations so much quicker with more speed. Chiulin is THE fail spear. -9 speed is all the reason I need to say...DON'T EVER PICK THIS WEAPON UP. It's got pretty good stats as a spear but the speed reduction is a major killer.

While I'm not so familiar with gear enchants. I am more than familar with weapon enchants. I will name only the rank A scroll and not 9 cause 9s are just rare as shit. If you are just after a speed mix, prideful and bloodlust are the way to go. If you have enough speed already and want more crit. Swift/destiny/fateful are the way to go. Valor is just as good as bloodlust. 1 less attack speed is negligible in the long run of things. I personally use a Swift/valor combo because the higher balance will bring up your minimum damage while swift gives me that crit and agility. It really depends on your preference at that point

I think the key point in gear is PREFERENCE. W/e you feel is best for the situation.

I think that sums up part one of spear lann. I probably did not include a lot of other stuff and probably be needed to be reminded of stuff I missed. SO TELL ME WHAT I MISS AND I WILL INCLUDE IT IN THE POST Frustrated

Baltharus

Baltharus

You forgot to put, "SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! TO WIN!" Vespa2

Breannenn

Breannenn

Probably simple dodging tricks, as the roll does take a lot of stamina. And what hopeful spear lann's should not do (windmill against certain bosses). But i think you nailed it down pretty well.

Baltharus

Baltharus

Breannenn wrote:Probably simple dodging tricks, as the roll does take a lot of stamina. And what hopeful spear lann's should not do (windmill against certain bosses). But i think you nailed it down pretty well.

Tail Piercing helps a lot in dodging too :D

Breannenn

Breannenn

Baltharus wrote:
Breannenn wrote:Probably simple dodging tricks, as the roll does take a lot of stamina. And what hopeful spear lann's should not do (windmill against certain bosses). But i think you nailed it down pretty well.

Tail Piercing helps a lot in dodging too :D

Exactly, simple tips for upcoming spear Lanns, not to mention fury infusion into dodge, if you have enough stamina for the dodge, this allows to go right back into the fight.
Also, fury infusion into running smash (tail piercing), animations lap over each other.

pothemartial

pothemartial

Also, stone scroll saves life. LOL

RelicSaber

RelicSaber

Pyro spears all the way

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum